Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen, their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of pre-arranging your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted. Taking the time now to arrange your funeral is one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay their funeral. These plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives. Please schedule an appointment to talk with one of our funeral directors to assist you in this process.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Choose which funeral home to use.
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone, pre-planning gives yourself, family and friends peace of mind. Pre-planning gives your loved ones direction of your wants and desires.
- It’s easy. Anyone can do it, and you can change your mind at any time.